Admissions for the 2021 – 2022 session are now open. Apply online by clicking the button below:
Any person seeking admission in NWSM shall be eligible having fulfilled the following mandatory criteria.
a) Have passed the MDCAT examination conducted by the National Medical Authority.
b) Obtained a Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) qualification or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan and having obtained more than sixty five percent marks therein, or a higher percentage as may be notified by the Medical and Dental Council; and
c) Passed the subjects of biology and chemistry and either physics or mathematics in the examination of the Higher Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan:
Provided that the mandatory eligibility requirements shall not apply to a student admitted on a special program seat pre-defined exclusively for a Federal Government program for foreign students under bilateral agreements with other countries.
Eligible candidates are required to meet the following criteria for admission into the MBBS program:
- FSC (or equivalent) will be given 40% weightage for admission.
- MDCAT, will be given 60% weightage for admission
- Only the candidates, who make it to the merit list will be considered for admission
- Successful candidates are required to deposit the admission fee within 72 hours, otherwise, the candidate will forfeit his/her chance of admission. Refund policy shall be according to PMC Rules.
- As per PMC approvals, the fee structure for the entire five years will be uploaded on the website.
- Each year, the student must pay the annual fee timely or will be liable to a fine of PKR. 500 per day.
- Limited number of merit scholarships are available.
- Admission portal opens on 1st of August 2021
- All applicants are expected to upload their HSSC (or equivalent 12th grade qualification) and MDCAT results prior to 10th December 2021 failing which the application will be retained by the college and considered for the next academic year.
- Interim merit list will be displayed on 15th December 2021. Objection regarding interim merit list will be entertained till 5th December 2021. Second interim merit list will be displayed on 5th January 2022. Final merit list will be displayed on 11th January 2022. Interviews for checking credentials will start from 15th January 2022. Final admission list will be displayed on 30th January 2022 and sent to PMC and the University. It is further added that interim merit list may be updated on daily basis.
- Final admission list will be made public by or before 30th January 2022 and sent to authority for review
- Students’ transfer from other institutions will start on March 1, 2022, as per PMC regulations
- Foreign students’ admission will be as per PMC regulations
- The admission process shall be conducted through an online portal and in a transparent manner with the final merit list and admission list being provided to the authority for purpose of review and record on the date of issuance of the merit list and admissions list
- Admission will be open to everyone fulfilling the criteria
- Registration for admission to NWSM will be free.
- Hostel accommodation will be available on first come first serve basis after paying the dues.
All those admitted to MBBS program will be screened for the following before their class numbers are issued:
- Full Blood Count to check for anemia and other hematological disorders
- Chest X-Ray to check for Tuberculosis
- Hepatitis B, C, and HIV screening
- Blood and Urine Sugar to check for Diabetes
All students must have COVID-19 and Hepatitis B Vaccination.